Thursday 15 October 2009

My art..this year

Last year I completely focussed my work on the theme of movement, and the notion of mark making. It proved to be a real success and I was really pleased with my final outcomes. After much deliberation, I have decided that I am going to move away (ironically) from the theme of movement, and start working towards a new goal which will hopefully further develop my skills, knowledge, and understanding.
From being inspired by a range of visual sources around me, I have decided that this year, I would like to investigate and explore textures and surfaces. I am truly fascinated by the properties and the characteristics of textures and surfaces, which have played a major part in their creation/production. I would like to investigate and experiment with their properties, and explore the possibilities of manipulating specific materials in order to achieve a greater understanding of the specific materials that I will decide to work with. Furthermore, once a greater understanding of how a variety of materials and processes work together, I will hopefully be able to experiment with what results can be achieved. At this moment in time, I would like to think that I haven’t got a specific theme to my work, but I will allow the course of the year, and the materials that I work with to determine the journey that I go on this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment